Your Assigned Advisor(s)
All current UW undergraduate students have at least one assigned advisor and can find their assigned advisor(s) in the Academic Navigator via their MyUW portal.
Are you a prospective student? Click here
Are you a new student? Your advisor assignment may not show up yet in MyUW, so please use the links below to connect with the advising unit you worked with at SOAR.
Undeclared or Exploring?
Cross-College Advising Service works with students who are undeclared and exploring major options. Work with Cross-College Advising Service if:
- You’re interested in multiple majors across different schools and colleges.
- You want to switch majors to one that is in another school or college than the one you’re in now.
- You’re completely undecided and want some help getting started in exploring your options.
- You have some ideas about a major but need help narrowing your options.
- You haven’t been admitted to a Limited Enrollment program and are looking for other major options.
School or College Advising Units
Each school and college provides academic advising that is specific to your field of study or major within that school or college.
See careers.wisc.edu for comprehensive information on UW career centers and career services!
Pre-professional & Pre-business Advising
Biology Major or Biosciences
At UW-Madison, there are over 30 undergraduate bioscience majors across six different schools and colleges. Biology is one of these options, but it is not the only bioscience major on campus – be sure to explore your options.
Study Abroad Advising
International Academic Programs (IAP) leads campus efforts to provide study abroad opportunities.
Some schools and colleges have their own study abroad offices and have programs that are directly related to certain areas of study.
The International Internship Program (IIP) is a campus resources for undergradutes seeking internship or co-ops abroad or with an international focus within in the U.S.
Cohort Program Advising
UW-Madison also has several cohort programs that work closely with students who have been accepted into their programs.
Subject or Population Specific Advising