Microsoft Teams allows you to communicate easily and efficiently with your colleagues and students using video and/or audio chat functions. Advisors and career services professionals can utilize Microsoft Teams for individual virtual advising appointments, and individual and small group team meetings with colleagues. Microsoft Teams is supported by DoIT and provides FERPA protection.
How to offer your students to schedule a virtual appointment in Starfish
Important Note: Starfish will not sync with Microsoft Teams so you will need to invite your student to a Microsoft Teams Advising Appointment.
Installing Microsoft Teams:
- First, we recommend first searching your computer to see if the Microsoft Teams software has already been installed.
- If you do not have Microsoft Teams installed, follow these steps to access the IBM Big Fix platform:
- On a PC, navigate to the lower right corner menu and click the red box with a white “W” in it. Find and install Microsoft Teams.
- On a Mac, visit the menu in the top right corner of your screen near the WiFi symbol. Find and click the blue “b” with a circle around it. Find and install Microsoft Teams.
- If these options are not successful, you can access Microsoft Teams by going to teams.microsoft.com. At the Microsoft Sign in page input your email@example.com email address, click next and you will be sent to a NetID Login. Log in with your NetID and password to access the Microsoft Teams web client. To download the desktop application, click on the download button on the bottom left of the screen (highly recommended for advisors and career services staff).