Before the Conference
- Signing into Zoom: In order to make sure you have an optimized Zoom experience, confirm that you are using the correct sign-on method for your UW-Madison account, and that you have the most recent version of the desktop client installed.
- Zoom Meeting Features: Familiarize yourself with the attendee meeting controls. These instructions cover how to change your name or add pronouns once you have joined a meeting.
- Optional Customization: Customize your profile before the conference. These instructions explain how to add a profile picture to your Zoom account, set up a virtual background, change the skin tone for your in-meeting Reactions, and adjust the amount of videos you will see at one time. You can also access these controls during a meeting.
- Camera and Microphone: Set-up your camera and microphone
- Webcam: Webcam Tips & Best Practices
- If you can’t access Zoom: Check for Outages
- Audio or Video Issues:
- Internet Connection is unstable:
- Close all programs on your computer except for the tools you are actively using
- Turn off your camera
- Move closer to your wireless internet router
- Check to see if your Internet Service Provider has outages
- Run an internet speed test
- See more information about troubleshooting common tech issues
- Waiting in the waiting room? We will do our best to keep sessions on schedule. Make sure you are trying to join the right session at the right time by checking the conference schedule.
- Can’t access a link?
- Many of our sessions will use Google links that require you to sign on with your UW Madison Google account.
- 3 tips to help you manage UW & personal Google accounts
- Ask for Help!
- Every meeting will have at least one tech host. The word host will appear next to their name in the participant panel. You can send them a direct message in the chat.
- Reach out to the Conference Planning Team with questions via our Teams Channel:
If something is not working, it is okay to take a break. Take a deep breath, get up and walk away from your computer.
- Captions: All sessions will have real time captions enabled. Learn more about Zoom accessibility
- Zoom Mobile Client Log In
- Download/install the Zoom mobile client for your device.
- Run/open the Zoom mobile client.
- On the “Sign In” screen, scroll to the bottom of screen and select SIGN IN WITH – SSO option.
- If prompted to enter your domain, enter: uwmadison and click Continue.
- If prompted, enter your NetID credentials on the UW-Madison NetID login page.
If you would like to request an accommodation to attend this event, please contact OUA at firstname.lastname@example.org.